The Women in Tech Incubation Program is proudly sponsored by Standard Chartered.
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international banking group, with around 84,000 employees and a 150-year history in some of the world’s most dynamic markets. We bank the people and companies driving investment, trade and the creation of wealth across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise, Here for good. Standard Chartered PLC is listed on the London and Hong Kong Stock Exchanges as well as the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges in India.
The program is implemented by @iBizAfrica Centre at Strathmore University.
@iBizAfrica is the business incubation centre at Strathmore University which seeks to nurture the development, growth and success of startups. We attain this through building the potential of the youth to develop ICT solutions and businesses that work for the common good in society.
@iBizAfrica implements the entrepreneurship theme of @iLabAfrica, the research and innovation centre at Strathmore University.
The application form can be accessed here Here
The following is the eligibility criteria for the application
- Must be based in Kenya
- Must be innovation driven, leveraging on technology and new business models.
- Must be a female founded business i.e The female founder must have a majority stake in the company.
- Business models must have a clear focus on sustainability and alignment to the sustainable development goals.
- Must have been operational for more than 3 months.
- Seeking support for proof of concept, customer, product and business model development.
- Pre-revenue with early traction (users). Post revenue is an added advantage.
The application deadline is 9th May 2022
The program has the following benefits for you:
1. Opportunity to acquire seed financing of 10,000 USD for high potential businesses ONLY
2. 12 weeks of an immersive learning experience
3. Access to a leading network of experts across a vast array of sectors
4. Access to B2B matching opportunities
5. Personalized mentorship and coaching sessions to address your unique business needs
6. Opportunity to join a supportive Women in Tech Alumni Network